How and where do I book Siem Reap - Pakse - Vientiane bus
I'd like to get some clarity on the following topics.
1. From Siem Reap I should book a bus from Phnom Penh Sorya from Siem Reap to Pakse (approximately 6 hours bus ride-right?) then change buses there in Pakse to Vientiane (for another 8 hours?)
2. In Pakse, Laos are there really interconnecting buses on stand by taking all passengers from previous bus from Siem Reap? How much would this cost and what bus company will this be? What do you suggest?
3. Is Dong Kralor - Veun Kham the only borders / places for acquiring visa upon arrival? Also I have read so many blogs / websites about the bribery concerns (1 to 2 USD)from both sides of the border, is it necessary to pay them? If so
what do we say to them, ask for a receipt? And if its really necessary to get through, how much is the maximum?
4. Upon arriving at Vientiane, is it possible to get a bus towards Bolikhamxay province for a an overnight stay in Ban Na? Where do I ride one? What bus company? As I plan to stay in Green Discovery Laos? How many hours from Vientiane?
5. From Bolikhamxay, will it be the same bus going back to Vientiane and will they have the same terminal and time of departure?
6. In Vientiane, is it right to get a tuk tuk towards Tanaleng Station to take me to the Friendship Bridge to transfer to the train towards Bangkok?
I would really appreciate if you can provide clarity to all my questions.