Udonthani or Nongkai - Vang Vieng bus and visa on arrival
Thank you for the extant info about Laos.
I have some doubts and hope you can help...
We are a couple (age 51 and 58) planning to cross the border from
Thailand to Laos in Nong Khai.
We plan on getting our Visa to Laos on arrival at the border.
Then, we intend to travel directly to Vang Viang. Travel date planed :February, 7th, 2015
According to the information about crossing the border by bus, Udon to Vang Vieng bus is the only bus that stops and waits for the tourists that needs to do the Visa on arrival.
On the other hand, many tourists are telling stories about difficulties on buying the bus tickets in Udon or in Nong khai because they are asked to show the Visa to Laos before purchasing the bus ticket.
My questions are:
1. Can I count on buying the bus tickets to Vang Vieng in Nong khai
or in Udon without having the Visa yet..?
2. If I hop on this bus in Nong khai – No problem with getting a
seat? (Buses are usually not too full?)
3. Can I buy the tickets for the bus at the evening before, to
reserve a seat?
4. What are the opening hours for buying the tickets at the bus
station in Nong Khai?
5. What are the opening hours for the for buying the tickets at the bus station in Udon Thani?